Thursday, February 26, 2009

What Will I Leave Behind?

What Will I Leave Behind?

I have written poetry for
a few years and I ask
What will I leave behind
when I have passed?

I've shared my deepest thoughts
let you peel away my shell
I have allowed you to look into my
soul, hiding nothing from you

I have painted countless paintings
with each line that you've read
Do you wonder what I am like?
can you shape me in your mind?

Greatness I am not, for I will not
follow Poe, Emerson or Dickenson
No, I have made my own path and
ask, will you remember me?

Don’t ask “Who I was”,
For, I leave behind my words and
Strokes of my brush to figure you out
“Who I was”

I leave you with few words, fewer
memories other then to ask
Will you tuck away a poem or two
and let my memory linger?

No comments:

Post a Comment